- Nonsustained ventricular tachycardia is more frequent during hemodialysis or within 6 hours post-hemodialysis.
- In incident hemodialysis patients, heart rate sharply increases before nonsustained ventricular tachycardia events, suggesting a triggered ventricular tachycardia mechanism.
- Every‐other‐day hemodialysis preserves physiological circadian rhythm in heart rate and heart rate variability, whereas the extension of the interdialytic period for the second day abolishes circadian rhythm and shows a steady deterioration in autonomic disbalance.
- The harmful effect of the 2‐day interval without hemodialysis suggests that more frequent dialysis should be considered the preferred prescribed treatment schedule.
Improvement of patient adherence—avoiding missing hemodialysis sessions—can improve patient outcomes.
- Diagnosis of autonomic imbalance in end‐stage...
Two abstracts of the Tereshchenko lab members were accepted for the presentations at AHA SS in Philadelphia!!! Congratulations to Kazi and Ashley! We are looking forward to reporting results of our studies at the major cardiovascular meeting!